    Can any body send a code to enter name and address which will store i
    oracle.

    please write the steps and code to connect any RDBMS
    sonu, Mar 8, 2006

  2. sonu wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can any body send a code to enter name and address which will store i
    > oracle.
    >
    > please write the steps and code to connect any RDBMS

    This cannot be done in Standard C which is the only on-topic subject
    around here. Try one of the Oracle groups for the Oracle-specific
    answer. I don't believe there's a general answer for "any RDBMS",
    though.

    --
    BR, Vladimir
    Vladimir S. Oka, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Vladimir S. Oka said:

    > sonu wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Can any body send a code to enter name and address which will store i
    >> oracle.
    >>
    >> please write the steps and code to connect any RDBMS

    > This cannot be done in Standard C

    Yes, it can. All you have to do is call the appropriate function. Which
    appropriate function you use depends on which third-party library you use,
    though - and third-party libraries are off-topic here.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, Mar 8, 2006
  4. sonu

    felix Guest

    felix, Mar 9, 2006
  5. "felix" <> writes:
    > Vladimir S. Oka said:
    >> sonu wrote:
    >>> Hi All,
    >>> Can any body send a code to enter name and address which will store i
    >>> oracle.
    >>> please write the steps and code to connect any RDBMS

    >> This cannot be done in Standard C

    > It can be done. Pro*C is a PreCompiler that supports this.

    It cannot be done *in standard C*. I'm sure it can be done using
    non-standard extensions.

    Keith Thompson, Mar 9, 2006
  6. Keith Thompson said:

    > "felix" <> writes:
    >> Vladimir S. Oka said:

    >>> This cannot be done in Standard C

    >> It can be done. Pro*C is a PreCompiler that supports this.

    > It cannot be done *in standard C*. I'm sure it can be done using
    > non-standard extensions.

    It can be done without non-standard extensions, from TP1 right through to
    TP7, provided the third-party library's associated header source is
    available for inspection. What we really mean is that we don't do
    third-party libraries here.

    Richard Heathfield, Mar 9, 2006
  7. On 8 Mar 2006 21:35:02 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "felix"
    <> wrote:

    >Vladimir S. Oka said:
    >> sonu wrote:
    >>> Hi All,
    >>> Can any body send a code to enter name and address which will store i
    >>> oracle.
    >>> please write the steps and code to connect any RDBMS

    >> This cannot be done in Standard C

    >It can be done. Pro*C is a PreCompiler that supports this.

    Please reread Vladimir's post PROPERLY.
    Mark McIntyre
    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Mar 12, 2006