Who are low code solutions designed for?

Joined
Oct 22, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

My friend and I are looking to create an enterprise SaaS. It is essentially putting spreadsheets in the web, adding a database, and creating customer logins for users. We're trying to figure out the best way to go about this. My friend works in computer science and wants to use Python for the back-end and JavaScript (React) for the front-end and develop from scratch. I've been reading a lot about low code solutions and my friend doesn't know much about them.

Low code seems like it could greatly increase the speed and reduce cost, however, it seems like a lot of the platforms like Appain, Zoho Creator, and Pega are designed for in-house uses. Platforms like Oracle Apex, Mendix, and Power Apps seem like they could facilitate the launch of a SaaS. So ultimately my questions are:

1. Who are these "low-code" solutions designed for?
2. If they're useful for creating SaaS, which ones would you recommend based off the listed criteria?
3. Would you recommend my friends processes of starting from scratch? (FYI - he hasn't explored any of these low code options)

I know this question may not perfectly fit into this category but I view it as Python vs low code solution so this was the best I could find.

If you have any questions or if I made any incorrect assumptions please let me know.

Thanks,
Nick