cache object

Guest

All,

I am using the asp.net cache object to hold some static data for my website
that is retrieved from my SQL 2000 DB. What I would like to know is that if
I stop my website in Win2k/IIS for a few minutes will this clear out the
cache?

If not how can I achieve this i.e. by stopping my site all cache data is
cleared.

Thanks
Msuk

Karl Seguin [MVP]

The cache data is stored in the asp.net worker process. Restarting your IIS
service should kill it, and the cache also. Simply touching your web.config
should do the same thing.

Karl

Guest

HI,

Restarting IIS is not possible for me as my site is part of a farm. So
editing the Web.config is the only way?

Thanks
Msuk

Karl Seguin [MVP]

I'm pretty sure the HttpCache class implements IEnumerable, so you can loop
through it and remove each item. You could put this functionality behind a
password-protected page or something.

Karl