Caching thumbnails

Peter Afonin

Hello,

I'm making my first image gallery in ASP.NET. I've never worked with images
in ASP.NET before. Everything is going well so far, but what's bothering me
is thumbnails flickering when the user reloads the page. Example -
http://www.russiannature.com/gallery2.aspx

I've heard about the thumbnails caching and tried to find some information
on the web, and I found it, but couldn't understand - is it actually good or
bad thing? Some articles say that caching could overload the memory or
something like this.

Anyway, could you please recommend me a good solution for this? The gallery
itself I've made using this article:
http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/012203-1.2.aspx.

I would appreciate your advice on this subject.

Thank you,

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

if you specified the actual thumbnail size in the image tags, the page would
not have to resize as the images are loaded.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Peter

Thank you, Bruce, this makes sense.

Peter