Call Java Code from python

Bidda Gowda

Hi,
I have a project coming up where i have to integrate our existing
Python based web application with Java Programs. Basically i should be
able to call Java programs which comes in the form of jars. Whats the
best way to call these jars from python ?

I looked at jpype and tried with small program and it works. Are there
any other tools which can do the same or if any how are they compared
to jpype ?

Stefan Schwarzer

Hi Bidda,

I have a project coming up where i have to integrate our existing
Python based web application with Java Programs. Basically i should be
able to call Java programs which comes in the form of jars. Whats the
best way to call these jars from python ?

I looked at jpype and tried with small program and it works. Are there
any other tools which can do the same or if any how are they compared
to jpype ?

Here are some slides from a talk by Andreas Schreiber,
"Mixing Python and Java", which might help:
http://www.slideshare.net/onyame/mixing-python-and-java

Personally, I've used JCC for accessing Lucene (a search
engine framework implemented in Java). It was a bit
rough in some places, but overall quite usable.

Stefan