Call JNI_CreateJavaVM from C++ returns (-1)

Steve

Hi

I am trying to Create the JVM with no luck
I always get a -1 from the CreateJaveVM

I have jvm.dll in \WINNT\System32

Are there other dll or libraries that I need in my search path???

Any other suggestions???

Thanks
Steve

#include "C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\include\jni.h"
#include "SimpleJ.h"

int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
LPSTR lpCmdLine,
int nCmdShow)
{
long result;

JavaVM* jvm;
JNIEnv* env;
JavaVMInitArgs vm_args;

JavaVMOption options[1];

vm_args.version = JNI_VERSION_1_4;
vm_args.nOptions = 1;
options[0].optionString = "-Djava.class.path=C:\\WINNT\\java\\classes";

vm_args.options = options;
vm_args.ignoreUnrecognized = JNI_FALSE;

result = JNI_CreateJavaVM(&jvm, (void **)&env, &vm_args);
if (result < 0)
{
MessageBox(NULL, "Error Create JAVAVM", "JAVA VM", MB_OK);
return -1;

Silvio Bierman

Steve said:
[...]

}

Yes, you need a decently installed JRE, not just a DLL.

Silvio Bierman

Steve

Hi Silvio

I installed JBuilder which looks like it installed jdk1.4 under itself.

do you know if the JRE directory needs to be in the Windows PAth or the JRE
files
need to be installed somewhere else?

Thanks
Steve