Callback not working following a postback

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ozy, May 3, 2006.

  1. ozy

    ozy Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a aspnet page that collects some simple data from the user. I
    have implemented 1 of the fields as a "cascading combo box" (a pair of
    drop down lists, where the second is populated based on the selection
    made on the first). In ASP1.1 this was implemented using a postback
    which occured when the user changed the first combo.

    Now ASP2.0 has arrived, I have changed this implementation to use the
    new Callback feature. This works great when you first get to the page.
    However, if the user hits the save button (or does any thing else that
    causes a PostBack) subsequent Callbacks do not occur as expected.

    This is what I am seeing:
    The client triggers the Callback. The Page_Load event fires on the
    server, but the Page.IsCallback property returns false and neither the
    RaiseCallbackEvent or the GetCallbackResult methods are called.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance

    Darren

    ozy, May 3, 2006

  2. ozy

    ozy Guest

    OK I got there in the end. The page i was using also had
    SmartNavigation="true" in the Page directive. This attribute (as far as
    I can tell) has been deprecated in ASP.Net2.0. When I set this
    attribute to false all my callbacks work as expected. The reason I had
    the SmartNavigation set to true in the first place was because i wanted
    to maintain the scroll position of the page on postback. I was able to
    use the new MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback attribute of the page
    directive instead, and all is working fine now!

    Phew a happy ending :)

    ozy, May 4, 2006