Calling Windows login from ASP page

Archie Campbell

Most people cancel the "allow anonymous user" and IIS will automatically
popup the user login dialog.
Not me.
I want anonymous users to be able to do somethings.
Then, if they want to do more, they can to go to a "login page".
This used to be my own ASP page.
Now I dont want that. Instead I want the Windows login dialog to popup.

How do I do that.
How do I in my ASP page cause the Windows Login dialog to popup.
I am running on Win2K server.

Thanks
Archie

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

You need to separate the application logically into multiple virtual
directories. The one where the user can do things without being
authenticated you place those ASP pages, and turn the anonymous
authentication on. For the other folders, turn anonymous account off, and
rely on the windows user account.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Manohar Kamath said:
You need to separate the application logically into multiple virtual
directories. The one where the user can do things without being
authenticated you place those ASP pages, and turn the anonymous
authentication on. For the other folders, turn anonymous account off, and
rely on the windows user account.

FWIW - the directories don't need to be "virtual". As long as they have
different authentication settings as appropriate it will work.

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Archie Campbell

Thanks for both replies.
I must admit I am a bit surprised there isnt a way to force another
login.
But, again thanks for the work around.
Archie