Cam::pdf, document page number

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by LtCommander, Mar 6, 2007.

  1. LtCommander

    LtCommander Guest

    Hi all:

    I know CAM::pDF has a method to calculate the number of pages (PDF-
    >numPages) in an PDF file but is there any function that can calculate

    the document's starting page number.

    Eg. A document consisting of 10 pages would theoretically begin at Pg.
    1 and end at Pg. 10 but the relative page number (appears next to "1"
    in Adobe Reader) may be (say) 91 or something. The page numbers are
    relative to the previous chapter's ending page.

    Is there anything out there in Perl that can return the relative
    starting page number? I tried looking at many PDF modules in CPAN but
    none of them seem to do this (or I don't know how to use them!)

    Would be grateful for leads.
    Thanks.
    Vince

    LtCommander, Mar 6, 2007