Can´t transfer a asp-project to another computer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Christoph Hilmes, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. Hi NG,

    i have the following problem. I have developed a webservice-application as
    an asp.net-project. The ws-methods use methods from a classlibrary (dll)
    which i linked to the asp-project. Everything works fine on my computer.

    Now i try to transfer the project to another computer with the whole
    ..Net-Framework and Visual Studio.Net installed. I upload the project on the
    IIS, i renew the link to the classlibrary, then in try to start the web
    service and invoke a ws-method. What happens is, that the first call of a
    method of the class library succeds but the second time i try to call a
    method, i get the following error message:

    "Object Reference is not set to an Instance of an Object"

    The code looks like this:

    jfak = New jFaktory
    rueck = jfak.getListe(conn, welche)

    where jFactory is a class in the mentioned class-library and getListe is the
    method i want to invoke.

    Any ideas what´s wrong here?? How can i make my web service work on another
    computer?

    Any help is much appreciated
    Christoph
    Christoph Hilmes, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Christoph Hilmes

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Christoph:

    Do you know the exact line of code where the error occurs? It's hard
    to see what could be wrong given these two lines, so perhaps you could
    clarify this a bit. Have you inspected the variables with a debugger?
    One of your object references must be set to Nothing.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/

    Scott Allen, Oct 4, 2004