Can a local resource string be dynamic (asp.net 2.0)

Peter Strøiman

Hi.

I have a web project, that is intended to be installed multiple times as
different product with different names. All strings in the web are placed in
local resource files. In some of the strings, we would like to put the name
of the site, different contact e-mail etc. Would it be possible to make
these strings as global resources and then reference then dynamically
include that from a local resource?
Something like

SomeLiteral.Text: "Welcome to <%GlobalResource:SiteName%>"

As written in the subject, this is running on ASP.NET 2.0

Thanks in advance,
Peter Strøiman

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the linking global resource in local resource file question, based
on my research, this is not available since both local resource or global
resoruce file only contains static resource , that measn the content in the
resourse file won't be parsed by any .net language engine, so embed .net
expression in it won't work and will be treated as static string contents.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security