Can a PNG supply a hotspot value

gwlucas

I'm doing an application where I use image files to supply custom
cursors and also for drawing icon-like symbols on a chart. Some of
them have rather interesting shapes and an effective hotspot
("effective" meaning "apparent to the eye even if the software doesn't
get it).

Is there any way to bundle hotspot information with an image file in
such a way that Java could extract it. I can, of course, supply this
information using a supplemental properties file of some sort, but I
was hoping for something a bit more elegant.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary