Can AJAX UpdateProgress fire on a Response.Redirect?

Mike

Hi. Is it possible to display an UpdateProgress control when an event
calling Response.Redirect is executed? I have a simple webform with an
ImageButton and an UpdateProgress control. My ImageButton's click event
contains the following code:

Response.Redirect("ProductCatalog.aspx")

The ProductCatalog.aspx page may take several seconds to load, so I wish to
add an UpdateProgress to show the user "Loading...". I've added the
appropriate UpdateProgress control. The problem is that the UpdateProgress
displays initially when the click's postback occurss, but then stops while
the Response.Redirect is executing. I need the UpdateProgress to remain
active & on the screen whilst the Response.Redirect code is being executed.
Is this possible? Or is it impossible because a post-back is not occurring?

Hope that makes sense

Thanks
Mike

It's pretty much impossible in IE when a standard postback is occurring.
This is one of the main reasons AJAX was created, so you don't have to do
standard clunky postbacks.
Perhaps you'd be better off refactoring this into an AJAX callback.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,