Can ANT shut off or detect when a service is shut off?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Steve, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi;

    I'm in the process of learning more ANT. I am going to make an ANT
    script to install a web site on multiple servers( unfortunately a
    regular occurrence ).

    An important part of this is making sure that a windows service is shut
    down. The service runs a JRun 3.1 web app through IIS.

    The services will be running on a different computer from where ANT
    will be running.

    Can ANT detect when this service is shut down, or better yet, can it
    shut it down?

    Just curious

    Thanks in advance for any information

    Steve