Can ANT shut off or detect when a service is shut off?

Steve

Hi;

I'm in the process of learning more ANT. I am going to make an ANT
script to install a web site on multiple servers( unfortunately a
regular occurrence ).

An important part of this is making sure that a windows service is shut
down. The service runs a JRun 3.1 web app through IIS.

The services will be running on a different computer from where ANT
will be running.

Can ANT detect when this service is shut down, or better yet, can it
shut it down?

Just curious

Thanks in advance for any information

Steve