Can anyone find an example of this?

Joey_Stacks

I've been searching for an example of a javascript rollover effect,
and I'm beginning to think it's impossible, dare I say? Here's what
I'm looking for. It's a double rollover effect. You mouseover an
image and it swaps the image itself, and editable html text in another
location. Here's the catch. The mouseover effect around the image is
created in CSS (table border) so there's no need to use dual images for
on and off states. The other catch, and this is the big one, is when
you first hit the page, one of the images is preselected (on state)
with text on as well... that is, until you mouseover another image.
Whichever image you mouseoff last stays selected in the on_state until
you a) refresh the page b) mouseover another image again.

If anyone can find an example of this, you are my hero. OR, if anyone
thinks they can write this script, I will pay a $ for the code, amount
to be determined. Only SERIOUS inquires please.

RobG

Joey_Stacks said:
I've been searching for an example of a javascript rollover effect,
and I'm beginning to think it's impossible, dare I say? Here's what
I'm looking for. It's a double rollover effect. You mouseover an
image and it swaps the image itself, and editable html text in another
location. Here's the catch. The mouseover effect around the image is
created in CSS (table border) so there's no need to use dual images for
on and off states.

Lately that has been done using hover and CSS to slide the image
left/right instead of using script to swap it. However because you want
the image to 'stick', script is required so it works only on mouseover,
not mouseout (i.e. a mouseover re-sets all the images, then slides the
current mouseover image).

This can be achieved by simply changing the class of the rollover
elements. A pure CSS example is here:

<URL:http://www.christianmontoya.com/2006/02/01/pure-css-image-rollover/>

The text bit requires some script, but that's not too hard. The hard
part will be making it degrade gracefully.

The other catch, and this is the big one, is when
you first hit the page, one of the images is preselected (on state)
with text on as well... that is, until you mouseover another image.

Not too hard. Have a searchstring in the URL so that a script can tell
which image to 'slide' and text to show.

Whichever image you mouseoff last stays selected in the on_state until
you a) refresh the page b) mouseover another image again.

As above - use script and mouseover, don't reset on mouseout or use
hover (which are the usual ways).

If anyone can find an example of this, you are my hero. OR, if anyone
thinks they can write this script, I will pay a $ for the code, amount
to be determined. Only SERIOUS inquires please.

I'll have a spare half hour tomorrow pm my time, name a figure. :)