Can ASP.NET process ASP in IIS?

Mike S

I have a custom Forms based Authentication/Authorization scheme built for my
ASP.NET apps and would like to have ASP pages processed by the aspnet_wp so
that it would handle the Authentication/Authorization and then allow the ASP
pages to process. I was sure I read that you could do this (some time ago)
but I cannot find any info on the subject.

Am I mistaken or is this possible?
If anyone has a link to an article covering this or insight into the
subject, I would greatly appreciate any info.

Thanks
Mike

Natty Gur

Hi,

I don’t think it’s possible. The aspnet_wp process is responsible to
handle just asp.net pages while inetinfo process (and asp.dll) handles
just ASP pages. The only way that I can think about it is to change the
extension mapping of asp but I don’t know how this change infects the
asp pages processing.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak