Can I add web reference to my VB.NET project at run time?

Annie

My project will be delivered to different sites therefore they will be referenced to the web services at their own web server. I don't want to maintain different version of the project because of this. Is there a way to add the web service reference at run time
Thanks!

Jan Tielens

Sure you can! Check out Christian Weyer's excellent example:
http://weblogs.asp.net/cweyer/archive/2003/07/07/9769.aspx
"Did you ever think about invoking your XML Web Services dynamically without
having to generate a client side proxy class at design/compile time with
wsdl.exe or Visual Studio .NET? - No need to know the exact Web Service
description and endpoint at compile/design time. Just get your WSDL from
UDDI (or from wherever you want, e.g. XMethods), specify the type to
instantiate and the methods to call ... voila! Can be used from any .NET
application or even an unmanaged resource"

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens