Can I have base class derived from System.Web.UI.Page have design

Guest

I have already created a base class that incorporates common functionlity
into my ASP.Net application, what I want to do is have it have a design time
interface where I can show it in VS IDE. Specifically I have HTML that
defines my page layout and I want to show it during design time.

How do I provide a design time interface to my base class that derives from
System.Web.UI.Page?

Patrice

Not out from the box. You have control allowing to do that more or less like
what ASP.NET 2.0 will provide (this is called "master pages").

Guest

I don't want to have to do something to every page every time I create one.
All I wnat to do is be able to change the base class to mine and bam when I
look at the page in Design view it will display my "framework".

Can someone point me to an article or give me some basic advice to get me
started?

Thanks in advance.