Can I trust downloading Python?

Aaron Martin

Hi, I am thinking about getting a software but it requires python, so that
brought up a few questions. Is it safe do download python, and does it come
with spam or advertisements? If it doesn't then should I get the latest
version? I mostly want to know if it is safe to download, because most of
the time downloading free stuff off the internet comes with spam and all
that, so I want to know if I can trust downloading it.

Mr. Roboto

Hi, I am thinking about getting a software but it requires python, so that brought up a few questions. Is it safe do download python, and does it come with spam or advertisements? If it doesn't then should I get the latest version? I mostly want to know if it is safe to download, because most ofthe time downloading free stuff off the internet comes with spam and all that, so I want to know if I can trust downloading it.

Hope others find this article helpful and relevant:

http://www.eweek.com/developer/open...LEAU09102013BESTOF2&dni=77668545&rni=22939981

A development testing company (Coverity) reports that the core Python platform has a very low number of source code defects and its developers effect repairs to known flaws very readily, as compared to other open-source projects. I can't attest to the validity of the claim (one way or the other), but it is something worth noting....