Can I use Request to Accept query String

hon123456

Dear all,

I got a link as follows:

%=stroutboundno%>&inboundno=<%=strinboundno%>&house=<%=strhouse
%>&house1=<%=strhouse1%>&refno=<%=strrefno%>&invoiceno=<%=strinvoiceno
%>&HAWB=<%=strHAWB%>&pono=<%=strpono%>&HAWBno=<%=strHAWBno%>&NAV=<
%=intPageCount%>">Last Page</a>

Can I just use request("user"), request("outboundno"), request
("inboundno") to accept
the query string in the Link. As I found in the web page, only
request.querystring can be used to
accept the querystring in the link. My question is can I just use
request("something") to accept
outdolistdata?something="abc" but not using request.querystring.

Thanks.

Bob Barrows

hon123456 said:
Dear all,

I got a link as follows:

%=stroutboundno%>&inboundno=<%=strinboundno%>&house=<%=strhouse
%>&house1=<%=strhouse1%>&refno=<%=strrefno%>&invoiceno=<%=strinvoiceno
%>&HAWB=<%=strHAWB%>&pono=<%=strpono%>&HAWBno=<%=strHAWBno%>&NAV=<
%=intPageCount%>">Last Page</a>

Can I just use request("user"), request("outboundno"), request
("inboundno") to accept
the query string in the Link. As I found in the web page, only
request.querystring can be used to
accept the querystring in the link. My question is can I just use
request("something") to accept
outdolistdata?something="abc" but not using request.querystring.
You can, but: it will hurt performance slightly and might lead to unexpected
results. Read this:
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/forms/which-should-i-use-request-item-or-request-form-item.html

Bullschmidt

And in the future you COULD perhaps have a page that can accept a
querystring and/or a post so being explicit using Request.Form() for
posted variables and Request.Querystring() for querystring variables
might actually do yourself a favor (less confusion) sometime in the
future when you look back on a site and try to understand the code...

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips