Can Javascript add items to ASP/VBScript Dictionary object?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by tabonni, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. tabonni

    tabonni Guest

    My situation is:

    I got two ASP pages. One is ASP email form (I'm using Persist ASP
    Email component). Another one has all file links in it. For example,
    when user click Outlook course hyperlink. It will pop up another
    window with outlook course PDF file. (All PDF files are already in the
    server).

    What I am trying to do is: When user click the "Add Email" hyperlink,
    it will add that course name and filepath into ASP/VBScript Dictioanry
    Object. After the user finish and click "Attach to email" button. All
    the files will be attached in the email as an attachment.

    Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
    to ASP Dictionary Object?

    Thank you.

    tabonni, Aug 20, 2004

  2. tabonni

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
    > to ASP Dictionary Object?

    Please clarify: do you mean JScript, running in the ASP environment on the
    server, or client-side Javascript, running in the browser?
    The former, probably. The latter, no.

    ~kaeli~
    Doing my part to piss off the Religious Right.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Aug 20, 2004

  3. tabonni

    tabonni Guest

    kaeli <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > enlightened us with...
    > > Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
    > > to ASP Dictionary Object?
    > >

    > Please clarify: do you mean JScript, running in the ASP environment on the
    > server, or client-side Javascript, running in the browser?
    > The former, probably. The latter, no.
    >

    > --

    I mean server-side JavaScript.

    If I use JScript, how can I do that? I haven't used JScript before.

    Cheers

    tabonni, Aug 22, 2004
  4. tabonni wrote:

    > kaeli <> wrote [...]:

    Please do not write attribution novels.

    >> Please clarify: do you mean JScript, running in the ASP environment on
    >> the server, or client-side Javascript, running in the browser?
    >> The former, probably. The latter, no.

    > I mean server-side JavaScript.

    _JScript_

    > If I use JScript, how can I do that? I haven't used JScript before.

    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jsoriJScript.asp>
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28000522>

    HTH

    PointedEars
    --
    "Make up your mind. Is it a drug, a virus, or a religion?"

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Aug 22, 2004
  5. tabonni

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > kaeli <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > In article <>,
    > > enlightened us with...
    > > > Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
    > > > to ASP Dictionary Object?
    > > >

    > > Please clarify: do you mean JScript, running in the ASP environment on the
    > > server, or client-side Javascript, running in the browser?
    > > The former, probably. The latter, no.
    > >

    > > --

    > I mean server-side JavaScript.
    >
    > If I use JScript, how can I do that? I haven't used JScript before.

    JScript is merely the ASP version of server-side javascript. The term is used
    to distinguish it as MS proprietary server-side javascript, as opposed to the
    old Netscape Server server-side javascript (the only other server-side
    javascript I know of).

    One tends to either use VBScript or JScript with ASP. AFAIK, whether you use
    "javascript" or "jscript" in the language attribute, ASP processes them both
    the same.

    Here's the docs from MS.
    long link:
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
    us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

    And I believe this is what you're looking for.
    <http://17.webmasters.com/caspdoc/html/jscript_dictionary_object_add_method.h
    tm>

    HTH

    ~kaeli~
    Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.

    kaeli, Aug 23, 2004