Can Mutiple webapplication - use same session ?

Gopal Prabhakaran

Dear All,

Pls help me to do : How to share [same]session value between 2 different
webapplication

I am using sqlserver to store session

Both the web application running in same web server

Pls help asap

Million of thanx in advance

Thanx
Gopal Prabhakaran

Jan Tielens

How to Share Session/Application State Across Different ASP.NET Web
Applications
http://www.asp101.com/articles/jayram/sharestate/default.asp

This article gives the details of how to share single Application/Session
state across different ASP.NET web application projects developed. This is
required for web applications developed separately for the sake of
modularity and require integration into a single website at a later stage.

It is better to develop each module independent of other. If there is
information that needs to be shared across modules, it can be achieved
through database and/or Session/Application variables, depending on the
requirements. With Visual Studio, each new ASP.NET web application project
creates a new virtual directory. This means creating separate
Session/Application state for each module/application. Drawback of this
approach is there is no way to share same Session/Application across these
different modules developed for same website.
--
Greetz

Jan Tielens