Can not get IIS to run ASPX when I am connecting to SQL DB.

Phillip Vong

I'm using VS 2005 connecting to a SQL 2000 DB on another server. The SQL is
also running IIS 6 with ASP.NET 2.0

When I test the aspx on my computer, it has no problem getting the
information from the SQL. Doing some research, I found I needed to run
aspnet_regsql.exe against my DB. I did and I now see the additional ASP
tables in my DB. I then went into the ASP.NET configuration and went to
Provider Management\Select a single provider for all site management data
and ran the TEST. I get the message "Successfully established a connection
to the database", but it does not work when I publish to this IIS server
running on the SQL? Like I said, it works fine when I debug it from my
computer. What else am I forgetting to get this to work.

All files were copied over to the IIS server correctly from what I can tell.

Thanks!

Newbie Phil

Jose Rodriguez

Phil...so you xcopied the directory to your IIS server, set the virtual
directory, went into the properties to make sure sure is running under
asp.net 2.0 and didn't work? that is funky!

can you access any other site on that server? if that works, can you put
some try/catches and log the SqlException?

Jose