Problem connecting to SQL

Scott

Hello,
I have several ASP.NET 2.0 sites That connect to a SQL 7 database. Up
untill a few days ago they had been functioning just fine . For some reason
all my SQL connections are returning the following error sporaticly:
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to
SQL Server)
This is not happening all the time but there have been an unusual amount
of these errors as of late. I have searched the we web but so far I have
been unable to find any documentation about this error that relates to SQL
7.

Any help would be appreciated.
-Scott

sloan

Find the "Surface Configuration" tool...under Start / Programs / Sql Server
2005.

However..the "remote connection" info is sometimes a red herring.

Check
www.connectionstrings.com

and make sure you (still) have a valid connection string.

Scott Roberts

Focus on the first sentence and forget the rest. It simply means that, well,
a connection could not be established. Could be a network problem, a server
problem, a firewall problem, a SQL problem, etc.