Can not get tcpmon (from axis) to use a proxy server

Novice

Hey all, I have downloaded axis and am using tcpmon.

However, I have a firewall on my network that prevents me from making
direct connections to external sites. Thus we make use of a proxy
server that allows us to access web sites. I tried entering the
hostname of the proxy server in the "HTTP Proxy Support" section under
hostname and port number - but it doesn't succeed.

Everything works fine on internal addresses whether I specify the
proxy server in the "HTTP Proxy Support" section or not (since we
don't need the proxy server to connect to internal addresses).

Could someone tell me if this is a bug in tcpmon - i.e. that is has
those text fields, but that it isn't actually using the information in
those fields.

I've even tried stopping the process on the port, then clicking the
proxy checkbox, and then starting the process again and it still
doesn't work.

Any suggestions or does tcpmon simply not support forwarding the http
requests to a proxy server?

Thanks,
Novice