    seems the <<camel book>> did not say about it.

    thanks.

    , Nov 22, 2006

  2. Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth :
    > hi,
    >
    > Can perl create process

    perldoc -f fork

    > or thread

    perldoc threads

    > to do things concurrently?
    >
    > like "fork"?

    Oh, so you do know what fork is. Why didn't you just look it up then?

    > seems the <<camel book>> did not say about it.

    The camel book has a whole chapter on IPC, including how to use fork.

    Ben

    --
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off
    the shoulder of Orion; I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the

    Ben Morrow, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:
    > Can perl create process or thread to do things concurrently?
    >
    > like "fork"?
    >
    > seems the <<camel book>> did not say about it.

    Your copy camel book seems severely buggy. Mine has quite a bit of
    information on both. Did you even bother to look in the index for
    "fork" or "thread"? Mine says that threads are discussed from pages
    446-463, and fork on pages 428, 715, and 989 (not to mention a host of
    sub-topics).

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Nov 22, 2006