Can User Control inherted from a User Controls?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by ABC, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. ABC

    ABC Guest

    I write a Base Web User Control which contains several public properties and
    a Inherited Web User Control which only have some codes in new method. When
    I use the Inherited Web User Control on Web Form, I don't know why the
    Inherited Web User Control have not any properties inherited from Base Web
    User Control.
    How should I do?

    The based web user control as:
    using System;

    namespace xxxx.UserControls
    {
    public class SystemTableDropDownListBase : System.Web.UI.UserControl
    {

    public SystemTableDropDownListBase() : base ()

    public override void DataBind()

    // Properties

    public string ViewName

    public string DataTextField

    The Inherited Web User Control as:
    namespace xxxx.UserControls
    {
    public class xxxxDropDownList : SystemTableDropDownListBase
    {

    public xxxxDropDownList() : base()
    {
    ViewName = "vstSalutation";