Cannot call BinaryRead after using Request.Form collection

Griff

Bizarre problem here....

I have a classic ASP web page that exists in one project.

I have copied this code file into another web project and it errors! The
code has not been altered in any way, so I'm not sure why its errored.

In more details:

The page starts by validating the user, so reads from the request object,
things like:

userSessionID = Request.Form("userSessionId")

Having completed all the uer validation stuff, it then attempts the
following code:

If Request.TotalBytes > 0 Then
With Request
lBytes = .TotalBytes
sbRequest = .BinaryRead(lBytes)
End With
End If

However - when it gets to the Request.BinaryRead function, it errors:
Request object: 006~ASP 0206~Cannot call BinaryRead~Cannot call BinaryRead
after using Request.Form collection.

However, as I've mentioned, this exact code works in another project, so I'm
wondering whether it's an environmental setting that may be different.

Any suggestions most welcomed....

Griff

Griff

Fixed it....

The validate user class had been refactored and this caused it to use the
..Form collection.

Griff

rsodeyi

Hi Griff, or anyone else who can help,
I'm having the exact same problem with the upload working in firefox
but not in IE7
What did you to fix it?
Thanks
Roland