    drag the custom web control on the the web form without any problem.

    Can anyone shed any light on this?

    Chris
    C Townhill, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Hi Chris,

    Welcome to ASP.NET newsgroup.
    From your description, you've developed a custom webcontrol and add it to
    the VS.NET IDE's toolbox so as for other web application's reference.
    However, you found it works when you logon with local account , but not
    work when you logon under a domain account in AD, yes?

    As for this problem, I think it is a normal problem since the VS.NET's IDE
    settings(project or toolbox...) are per user based. The setting files are
    stored in each user account's profile folder. The following kb artticle
    has mentioned this:

    #INFO: Locations for User Customizations in Visual Studio .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320851

    So when you add your control into toolbox under a local account and then
    log again under the domain account, that added control may not work. Have
    you tried readded the control when you logon with the domain account?

    Please have a check on this and let me know if you have any further
    questions.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 23, 2005

  3. C Townhill

    C Townhill Guest

    Hi Steven,

    I think you are right that the problem is with the domain accounts user
    profile location, thanks.

    Chris

    C Townhill, Mar 23, 2005
  4. You're welcome Chris,