    Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.

    Many thanks

    Nig

    Borrox, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Borrox

    Jackmac Guest

    "Borrox" <> wrote in message
    news:dinunf$g74$2surf.net...
    > Hi
    > Uploaded a site and added it to Google
    > http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot find it.
    >
    > Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a
    > while for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using
    > Dreamweaver (my first with this) and have added the meta tags in the
    > header, well you will see all that when you look at the source I suppose.
    >
    > Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Nig

    Nice, quick-loading site. Google can take months to index your page unless
    you pay for them to do that quicker. It is likely to appear at some point
    in the future, but unfortunately not sure when that would be.

    If you look here:

    http://searchenginewatch.com/

    there's info on the various search engines which will hopefully be of help.

    Jackmac, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Borrox

    PeterMcC Guest

    Jackmac wrote in
    <dinv9f$e8v$>

    > "Borrox" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Uploaded a site and added it to Google
    >> http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot
    >> find it.
    >>
    >> Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a
    >> while for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using
    >> Dreamweaver (my first with this) and have added the meta tags in the
    >> header, well you will see all that when you look at the source I
    >> suppose.
    >>
    >> Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Nig

    > Nice, quick-loading site. Google can take months to index your page
    > unless you pay for them to do that quicker.

    <snip>

    Not sure about paying Google to index the site more quickly - do you have a
    citation for that?

    The best way to get listed in Google is by getting a link from an already
    Google-indexed site - the higher the PR of the linking site the better.

    The site will be crawled when the linking page is crawled - high PR pages
    get crawled several times a day, low PR pages can take weeks and
    occasionally months. The easiest way to see when Google has indexed the page
    is to search Google for:
    http://216.239.59.104/search?source...q=cache:http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm

    The result will show you whether Google has your page in its index.

    Once that's there, Google will spider your site, index the whole site, and
    eventually ascribe a PR value to each page. That's the part of the process
    that can take some time depending on a number of factors, some site
    specific, some to do with where Google is in its own update cycle. Google's
    backlinks listing used to be recalculated on a monthly schedule but lately
    it's stretched to several months between updates.

    If you get the Google toolbar, that will give you easily accessed info about
    the extent to which Google "sees" your site.

    http://toolbar.google.com/

    Currently only available for IE and FF :(

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Oct 14, 2005
  4. Borrox

    Borrox Guest

    "Jackmac" <> wrote in message

    > "Borrox" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Uploaded a site and added it to Google
    >> http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot find
    >> it.
    >>
    >> Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a
    >> while for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using
    >> Dreamweaver (my first with this) and have added the meta tags in the
    >> header, well you will see all that when you look at the source I suppose.
    >>
    >> Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Nig

    > Nice, quick-loading site. Google can take months to index your page
    > unless you pay for them to do that quicker. It is likely to appear at
    > some point in the future, but unfortunately not sure when that would be.
    >
    > If you look here:
    >
    > http://searchenginewatch.com/
    >
    > there's info on the various search engines which will hopefully be of
    > help.

    Thanks Jackmac

    Theres loads of useful stuff there! I am pleased it loads quickly. I believe
    in the 'KISS' idea, as long as it gets the point over and the info is quick
    to access. I suppose after a while I might introduce a few more things but
    not much.

    Nig

    Borrox, Oct 14, 2005
  5. Borrox

    Borrox Guest

    "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    > Jackmac wrote in
    > <dinv9f$e8v$>
    >
    >> "Borrox" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> Uploaded a site and added it to Google
    >>> http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot
    >>> find it.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. Perhaps it takes a
    >>> while for the site actually be on Google? I created the site using
    >>> Dreamweaver (my first with this) and have added the meta tags in the
    >>> header, well you will see all that when you look at the source I
    >>> suppose.
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, your help/advice would be welcomed.
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>
    >>> Nig

    >> Nice, quick-loading site. Google can take months to index your page
    >> unless you pay for them to do that quicker.

    > <snip>
    >
    > Not sure about paying Google to index the site more quickly - do you have
    > citation for that?
    >
    > The best way to get listed in Google is by getting a link from an already
    > Google-indexed site - the higher the PR of the linking site the better.
    >
    > The site will be crawled when the linking page is crawled - high PR pages
    > get crawled several times a day, low PR pages can take weeks and
    > occasionally months. The easiest way to see when Google has indexed the
    > page
    > is to search Google for:
    > http://216.239.59.104/search?source...q=cache:http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm
    >
    > The result will show you whether Google has your page in its index.
    >
    > Once that's there, Google will spider your site, index the whole site, and
    > eventually ascribe a PR value to each page. That's the part of the process
    > that can take some time depending on a number of factors, some site
    > specific, some to do with where Google is in its own update cycle.
    > Google's
    > backlinks listing used to be recalculated on a monthly schedule but lately
    > it's stretched to several months between updates.
    >
    > If you get the Google toolbar, that will give you easily accessed info
    > about
    > the extent to which Google "sees" your site.
    >
    > http://toolbar.google.com/
    >
    > Currently only available for IE and FF :(
    >
    > --
    > PeterMcC
    > If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
    > inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    > please ignore it and accept my apologies.

    Hi PeterMcC
    Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac. Oh
    well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a site with
    Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could link to him and
    vice-versa.
    Many thanks
    Nig

    Borrox, Oct 14, 2005
  6. Borrox

    PeterMcC Guest

    Borrox wrote in
    <diobbp$kks$2surf.net>
    <snip>
    > Hi PeterMcC
    > Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
    > Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
    > site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
    > link to him and vice-versa.

    I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure that you
    get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine position
    in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far as
    Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"

    PeterMcC, Oct 14, 2005
  7. Borrox

    Jackmac Guest

    "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    > Borrox wrote in
    > <diobbp$kks$2surf.net>
    > <snip>
    >> Hi PeterMcC
    >> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
    >> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
    >> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
    >> link to him and vice-versa.

    > I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure that
    > you
    > get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
    > position
    > in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far as
    > Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"

    That was a nice gesture Peter. Good to see the community actively helping
    each other! Well done!

    Jackmac, Oct 14, 2005
  8. Borrox

    Borrox Guest

    "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    > Borrox wrote in
    > <diobbp$kks$2surf.net>
    > <snip>
    >> Hi PeterMcC
    >> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
    >> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
    >> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
    >> link to him and vice-versa.

    > I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure that
    > you
    > get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
    > position
    > in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far as
    > Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"
    >
    > --
    > PeterMcC
    > If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
    > inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    > please ignore it and accept my apologies.

    Hi Peter
    That is such a nice gesture and much appreciated. I really did not know that
    there was that level of goodwill still surviving! I don't know what to say.
    All that I can offer in return is to link to your site.
    Nig

    Borrox, Oct 14, 2005
  9. Borrox

    PeterMcC Guest

    Jackmac wrote in
    <diodpd$tph$>

    > "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    >> Borrox wrote in
    >> <diobbp$kks$2surf.net>
    >> <snip>
    >>> Hi PeterMcC
    >>> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
    >>> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
    >>> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
    >>> link to him and vice-versa.

    >> I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure
    >> that you
    >> get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
    >> position
    >> in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far
    >> as Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"
    >>

    > That was a nice gesture Peter. Good to see the community actively
    > helping each other! Well done!

    I don't think there's any need for sarcasm ;)

    PeterMcC, Oct 14, 2005
  10. Borrox

    PeterMcC Guest

    Borrox wrote in
    <dioekh$lti$2surf.net>

    > "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    >> Borrox wrote in
    >> <diobbp$kks$2surf.net>
    >> <snip>
    >>> Hi PeterMcC
    >>> Thanks for the detail about the time it might take, as with Jackmac.
    >>> Oh well, guess I just have to wait, unless... I believe there is a
    >>> site with Google that I have visited before. I will ask if I could
    >>> link to him and vice-versa.

    >> I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure
    >> that you
    >> get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
    >> position
    >> in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far
    >> as Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"
    >>

    > Hi Peter
    > That is such a nice gesture and much appreciated. I really did not
    > know that there was that level of goodwill still surviving! I don't
    > know what to say. All that I can offer in return is to link to your
    > site.

    Oh, do be quiet! It's Friday afternoon and, as it happens, I've used up my
    week's supply of malevolence. Come back on Monday when I'm fully charged
    with unpleasantness once more and see what happens.

    ;)

    PeterMcC, Oct 14, 2005
  11. Borrox

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Jackmac" <>
    >
    > "Borrox" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Uploaded a site and added it to Google
    >> http://www.nigs1000.f2s.com/index.htm when I do a search I cannot find it.

    > Nice, quick-loading site...

    Maybe nice but "quick-loading" is not exactly the phrase that
    came to my dialup mind. I am not saying it is unacceptable -
    so everyone relax please...

    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 14, 2005
  12. Borrox

    Big Bill Guest

    On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:21:27 +0100, "PeterMcC" <>
    wrote:

    >Jackmac wrote in
    ><diodpd$tph$>
    >
    >> "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    >>> Borrox wrote in
    >>> <diobbp$kks$2surf.net>
    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> I've stuck a link to you on one of my sites. It's worth making sure
    >>> that you
    >>> get your keywords in the link text - this boosts your search engine
    >>> position
    >>> in Google. I've used your title text (another high value area as far
    >>> as Google's algo is concerned) "Top trumps reference site"
    >>>

    >> That was a nice gesture Peter. Good to see the community actively
    >> helping each other! Well done!

    >I don't think there's any need for sarcasm ;)

    Not a troll, I think, just a genuine idiot.

    BB
    --
    www.kruse.co.uk/
    Elvis does my SEO

    Big Bill, Oct 14, 2005
  13. Borrox

    PeterMcC Guest

    Big Bill wrote in
    <>

    > On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:21:27 +0100, "PeterMcC" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Jackmac wrote in
    >> <diodpd$tph$>
    >>
    >>> "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message

    >>> That was a nice gesture Peter. Good to see the community actively
    >>> helping each other! Well done!

    >> I don't think there's any need for sarcasm ;)

    > Not a troll, I think, just a genuine idiot.

    No - BB, I think you misunderstand. I think he was being genuinely nice - I
    just find it difficult to relate to "nice" so I was dismissing his kind
    comments with a daft throw away line.

    See smiley.

    PeterMcC, Oct 15, 2005