    ImportError: no module named csv.

    plz help me.

    is csv module not a part of standard dist?
    mir nazim, May 22, 2004

  2. mir nazim

    Peter Hansen Guest

    mir nazim wrote:

    > hi,
    > i m unable to import csv module.
    > it says:
    >
    > ImportError: no module named csv.
    >
    > plz help me.
    >
    > is csv module not a part of standard dist?

    c:\>python
    Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on
    win32
    >>> import csv
    >>> csv.__file__

    'c:\\a\\python23\\lib\\csv.py'

    It surely is on Python 2.3, anyway.

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, May 22, 2004

  3. What version Python are you using? csv was introduced with 2.3 (I
    think).

    // m

    Mark McEahern, May 22, 2004
  4. Mark> What version Python are you using? csv was introduced with 2.3 (I
    Mark> think).

    Correct. Our goal when writing it was for it to be 2.2-compatible though,
    so you ought to be able to grab csv.py and _csv.c from the 2.3 distro and
    drop it into your 2.2 distro (with suitable setup.py or Modules/Setup.local
    mods of course).

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, May 22, 2004