    But when i request from browser on http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx
    why browser give "Page not found" message ?
    What is wrong ?
    DMP, Jul 18, 2005

  2. DMP

    Patrice Guest

    Should be just http://localhost/firstpage.aspx ?

    Is http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx what you tried or a typo ?

    --

    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 18, 2005

  3. If your page is located at :

    C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage.aspx

    Your request from browser should be :

    http://localhost/firstpage.aspx

    Click the above link and see if it displays.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 18, 2005
  4. DMP

    DMP Guest

    Hi patrice,
    Thanks for rapid response,
    Sorry, I saved in C:\InetPub\wwwroot\firstpage\firstpage.aspx.
    so when i click on http://localhost/firstpage/firstpage.aspx it will show
    the code
    insted of output page Like this:
    - <html>
    - <body bgcolor="yellow">
    - <center>
    <h2>Hello World! Test world</h2>
    </center>

    DMP, Jul 18, 2005
  5. If that is happening ( the page shows the code ),
    and you did install the .Net Framework, then
    the .Net Framework is not properly registered.

    Assuming you installed the .Net Framework 1.1, go to
    drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

    and from the command-line, run

    aspnet_regiis -i

    That will re-register ASP.NET.
    Test the page again after you do that.

    If you installed any other version of the .Net Framework,
    go to the appropiate version's directory and run the same command.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 18, 2005
  6. DMP

    Patrice Guest

    I'm a bit confused now...

    Do you see a "page not found error" (as you said in your first message) or
    do you see the "code" instead of "HTML code" (which "code" are you talking
    about ??).

    In the IIS application configuration, check that ASPX files are associated
    with the appropriate aspnet_isapi.dll... If this is not the case see the doc
    for the aspnet_regiis utility.

    Patrice, Jul 18, 2005
  7. DMP

    DMP Guest