    application. Will appreciate any suggestions.

    Cannot start service from comman line, the windows service must be installed.

    Thanks

    Alex. O. Koranteng, Aug 26, 2009

  2. Alex. O. Koranteng

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Alex,

    From your description, it seems you're using a windows service hosted WCF
    service project. For windows service project, you cannot directly launch it
    via F5 or double clicking the exe file. You need to install the windows
    service program first. If you're not familar with .NET based windows
    service and how to install it, here are some articles which are helpful to
    you:

    #Simple Windows Service Sample
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/simplewindowsservice.aspx

    #Installing and Uninstalling Services
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa984379(VS.71).aspx

    Also, for WCF service hosted in windows service application, here are some
    introduction articles(including screencast) which can guide you on how to
    create a windows service hosted WCF service:

    #How to: Host a WCF Service in a Managed Windows Service

    #Screencast: Hosting WCF services in Windows Services
    http://www.pluralsight.com/community/blogs/aaron/archive/2008/12/02/screenca
    st-hosting-wcf-services-in-windows-services.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .