Cannot use integrated security from a thread in ASP.Net/ Windows 2

Guest

This problem occurs in ASP.Net application, only on Windows 2000.
Everything works fine on Windows Server 2003.

Here is the scenario:
I configured the application to use impersonation and integrated security to
connect to the database.
These are the corresponding lines in web.config

<identity impersonate="true" userName="our_domain\our_user"
password="the_password" />

<add key="ConnDB" value="Server=our_server;uid=;pwd=;Integrated
Security=true;database=our_database;app=our_app;" />

Things are OK and in the main thread – I can connect to the database without
problems.
I create a thread and trace it up to the point when I access the database.
At this point the thread ends I cannot even capture an exception or error
message.

Again, this only happens on Windows 2000 server. I found an article
describing a similar problem that is fixed in SP4 so I made sure SP4 is
installed on the server.
Is there a way to still do what I need?

Thank you with anticipation

Razvan

Scott Allen

Is the database on the same machine or a 2nd server? I'm guessing a
2nd server. Impersonation won't make a 2nd hop to the database server,
does the web server's machine name appear in the logins for the
database server? This could be because ASP.NET runs under the NETWORK
SERVICE account on 2003, which gives it some network access.