Can't login to my Web application using IE!

Pawel Janik

Hello!

I was recently worked on building quite complicated web app. Everything was
ok, it was quite good tested using most popular browsers (IE6.0,
Firefox/Mozilla, Opera). I have problem with client-side validation, it is
working only in IE, i know now why....forget about it now.

Few days ago i sended my app do another person, who will use it in future.
After a while i get a phone call, that person can't log into it, because
"Login" button does not work at all!!!

I tried to check everything, some facts, conclusions:
- login form uses client side validation (aspx one, this with
"validators"...)
- this validation generally works (when you do not fill login field, it
screams: Fill the login field!!!)
- when you submit correctly filled form, nothing happens (page does not
reload!)
- this is NOT the problem with POST missing parameters and https
- this problem was with IE6.0, W2k proffesional, all fresh updates
- problem doesn't appear using IE6.0, w2k serwer (fresh updates); IE6.0 with
XP, or with 98....

Thanks for help in advance,

regards,
Pawel Janik

Jason

Pawel,
My best guess based on your description is that you have a validation
control set to enabled=true, but visible=false, your control has no
text associated with it, or it's on a section of your page that is
hidden or obscured. Try checking your validation controls again, and
perhaps add a validation summary control to see if that helps find the
issue. Also, since this appears to be on one PC and not on others,
consider checking to see if that PC's IE is installed and fucntioning
properly.
Jason

Peter Blum

There is a bug in ASP.NET 1.1 SP 1. Please see this thread for directions:
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=739537

FYI: You can replace your validators with "Professional Validation And More"
(http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx) to get client-side support of
Mozilla, Netscape 7, FireFox, Opera 7, and Safari. It includes a conversion
utility to make it easy. (It also includes 22 validators and numerous
enhancements to validation.)

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

Pawel Janik

Hello!

Big thanks, that was this!.

About using your validators: now it is a little to late for me in this
project...but for a next..why not!

Pawel Janik