Can't Rename Controls

Arthur Dent

Hello all... i have a question about something which really bugs me with the
2K5 IDE....

When i place a new control on a form, often times, i cannot rename the
control from the properties window.
It lets me type in a new name, but when i hit Enter, or otherwise 'commit'
my change, it just puts back the old name.
The only way i can get it to take my new name for the control is the either
a) switch to the markup code, and change it there, or
b) close the whole file, reopen it, and then make my change in the property
window.

This is very frustrating. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
- Arthur Dent.

P Webster

I have the same problem. I can't use the Properties window to change the ID
of controls added to Content pages when developing with Master pages. I
must set the ID of the control from the html source view. I have no
solution, but I will post it if I ever figure it out.