Can't set reference to Disco file in sub folder

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Erick, Mar 12, 2008.

  1. Erick

    Erick Guest

    My top level web services site has a disco document in it which Visual
    Studio finds when I specifiy "Add web reference"

    Directly underneath this folder I am placing all my web service
    solutions in their own folder.
    Each one will get their own disco document which will describe the
    services which they will expose.

    However, I cannot get my top level Disco document to reference my next
    level down disco document

    here is the top level one

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <discovery xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://
    schemas.xmlsoap.org/disco/">
    <discoveryRef ref="http://DeptWebservicesdev/ADWebServices/
    Default.disco"/>
    </discovery>

    one folder below this i have another default.disco with this in it

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <discovery xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://
    schemas.xmlsoap.org/disco/">
    <contractRef ref="http://DeptWebservicesdev/ADWebServices/
    AdInfo.asmx?wsdl" docRef="http://DeptWebservicesdev/ADWebServices/
    AdInfo.asmx" xmlns="http://sc"hemas.xmlsoap.org/disco/scl/" />
    </discovery>

    But visual studio can't find the ADInfo web services

    If i cut and copythe contactref into the first disco file it will
    work. But it should work the way i'm trying to do it...ayone got any
    ideas why the first disco is not picking up the second disco
    reference.

    regards

    Erick

    Erick, Mar 12, 2008