    Any help much appreciated,

    Mick
    , Feb 26, 2007

  2. On Feb 26, 11:04 pm, wrote:
    > Does anyone know how you can capture the currently playing audio using
    > Java Sound?

    Capture, yes. I did not attempt to do anything
    more than plot it, though.

    The (1st message of the) thread.
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?
    selm=>

    The (recentish) code
    <http://www.physci.org/test/oscilloscope/>

    The application.
    <http://www.physci.org/sound/audiotrace.html>

    HTH

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Feb 26, 2007

    On Feb 27, 12:01 am, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 26, 11:04 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how you can capture the currently playing audio using
    > > Java Sound?

    > Capture, yes. I did not attempt to do anything
    > more than plot it, though.
    >
    > The (1st message of the) thread.
    > <http://groups.google.com/groups?
    > selm=>
    >
    > The (recentish) code
    > <http://www.physci.org/test/oscilloscope/>
    >
    > The application.
    > <http://www.physci.org/sound/audiotrace.html>
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Andrew T.

    Thanks Andrew. Turns out I was on the right track, but did not have
    audio loopback enabled so was getting no signal. Once that was
    enabled it was all good!

    Thanks again,

    Mick
    , Mar 16, 2007
  4. On Mar 16, 2:44 pm, wrote:
    > On Feb 27, 12:01 am, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    > > On Feb 26, 11:04 pm, wrote:

    > > > Does anyone know how you can capture the currently playing audio using
    > > > Java Sound?

    > > <http://groups.google.com/groups?
    > > selm=>

    > Thanks Andrew.

    Your future lack of 'full quoting' will be
    thanks enough!

    >..Turns out I was on the right track, but did not have
    > audio loopback enabled so was getting no signal.

    Aha! Those damn audio loopbacks are a huge
    hurdle for deploying Java sound apps.
    Could you give us some more details of the
    OS and hardware?

    >..Once that was enabled it was all good!

    Excellent. Glad you sorted it.

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 16, 2007