Cell resizing anomaly in IE

Discussion in 'HTML' started by tshad, Jun 13, 2005.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I found an interesting problem with IE (and only IE) where it will resize a
    cell based on a cell in the row below it.

    In this test I have a table with 2 rows with multiple cells.

    The problem is that a cell in that a couple of cells in the 1st row change
    size when some text is added in a cell in the 2nd row.

    I have 2 sample screens that illustrate the behavior. The only difference
    between the 2 screens is that there are a couple of characters added in the
    temp.htm screen which changes the size of the cells above. You can add
    about 55 characters and nothing will happen. Then when you add another
    character - the cells above change size (even though most of the cells are
    of a specified width). Also, the cell below is nowhere full when this
    happens. It would make sense if you had reached the boarder of the cell -
    but you are nowhere near it.

    http://www.payrollworkshop.com/samples/test.htm

    http://www.payrollworkshop.com/samples/test2.htm

    tshad, Jun 13, 2005