Centere Panels

Thom Little

In ASP.NET 2.0 I have a number of pages with panels that I want horizontally
centered on the page.

These are currently rendered correctly in Internet Explorer and Opera and
incorrectly in Netscape, Mozilla, and Firefox. In these browsers they are
always left aligned.

What is the "trick" to get a panel horizontally centered in all five
browsers?

John Timney \(MVP\)

try the code below and see if it works on those browsers.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

<head>
<title>Dead Centre Controls Example</title>
body
{
color: white;
background-color: white;
margin: 0px
}

#horizon
{
color: white;
background-color: transparent;
text-align: center;
position: absolute;
top: 50%;
left: 0px;
width: 100%;
height: 1px;
overflow: visible;
visibility: visible;
display: block
}

#content
{
font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif;
background-color: transparent;
margin-left: -125px;
position: absolute;
top: -35px;
left: 50%;
width: 250px;
height: 70px;
visibility: visible
}

....bodytext
{
font-size: 14px
}

....headline
{
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 24px
}

#footer
{
font-size: 11px;
font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif;
text-align: center;
position: absolute;
bottom: 0px;
left: 0px;
width: 100%;
height: 20px;
visibility: visible;
display: block
}

a:link, a:visited
{
color: #06f;
text-decoration: none
}

a:hover
{
color: red;
text-decoration: none
}

--></style>
</head>

<form runat="server">

<aspPanel id="Panel1" runat="server"
style="padding:15,15,15,15;
background-color:red;
border-color:black;border-width:1;
border-style:solid">

<asp:Label id="Label1"
Text="Some Centered Controls"
Font-Name="verdana"
Font-Size="12"
runat="server"/>

</aspPanel>
</form>

Thom Little

Thank you for the nifty idea.

As it turns out I needed to KISS it. The problem seems to be that the
browsers that were failing don't know what to do with a panel embedded in
another panel. My solution was to not embed it.