Certfication in AWK or SHell programming

ehabaziz2001

Hello,
can I have any kind of certfifcation in Awk and SED and if the answer
is NO What is the nearest certfication to SED,AWK and even any
certfifcation to shell programming?
Thanks

Tim Southerwood

(e-mail address removed) coughed up some electrons that declared:
Hello,
can I have any kind of certfifcation in Awk and SED and if the answer
is NO What is the nearest certfication to SED,AWK and even any
certfifcation to shell programming?
Thanks

Why would you want to? Noone cares about certification in use of basic
tools, especially after the MS sausage factory got a reputation for
churning out worthless MSCE's, half of whom shouldn't be left alone with a
hoover, let alone a production system.

Read some books, try some things and then talk knowledgeably about it to
future employers - that's all they want. And please drop c.l.p.m off the
reply unless you really have a perl query.

Cheers

Tim

Uri Guttman

e> can I have any kind of certfifcation in Awk and SED and if the answer
e> is NO What is the nearest certfication to SED,AWK and even any
e> certfifcation to shell programming?

i will issue you a certificate if you pay me! it probably will be as
useful as any other you could get (which is not much) and i expect i
would charge less and make sure you know more. :)

uri

Clenna Lumina

Uri said:
e> can I have any kind of certfifcation in Awk and SED and if the
answer e> is NO What is the nearest certfication to SED,AWK and even
any e> certfifcation to shell programming?

i will issue you a certificate if you pay me! it probably will be as
useful as any other you could get (which is not much) and i expect i
would charge less and make sure you know more. :)

Will it have proper use of capitalizations? :)

Uri Guttman

CL> Will it have proper use of capitalizations? :)

i charge more for caps as it requires setting more 1 bits.

uri

mjc

simply give AWK a call, or SEDhttp://www.awk.com/http://www.sed.com/

More useful is to look up www.gawk.com.

This gets you to "Network Solutions" with the following sponsered
links:

Unix Resume
Don't just search for a job find
www.Dice.com

OpenPGP Server Encryption
ANI Direct sells and supports the Authora EDGE products. 800-444-7576
www.anidirect.com

Job Scheduling Automation
Intelligent Job Scheduling for Windows, Linux, UNIX & OpenVMS
www.activebatch.com

UNIX and Linux Support
Support and access UNIX and Linux systems securely over the Internet.
www.itivity.tridia.com

UNIX Testing Tools
Quickly Automate UNIX Testing Get Started in 60 Min! Free Trial.
www.redstonesoftware.com

Learn Shell Programming
Expert instructors. Hands-On labs. All-Inclusive deals. Contact us.
www.technow.com

www.LinuxCBT.com
Comprehensive, Cost-effective CBTs Trusted by Organizations Globally
www.LinuxCBT.com

HP9000/3000 for less
Full Systems, Upgrades, service, & support.
www.baypointetech.com

Shell Script
Automate desktop management without writing scripts - Free Trial!
www.scriptlogic.com

ETL Open Source
The worldwide first Open Source software for Data Integration (ETL)
www.talend.com

The technow.com link gets you to this:

TN-215:
Introduction to Shell Programming
Learn Shell Programming Fast with Hands-on Training
Overview

This intensive hands-on class teaches students to develop customized
UNIX™ commands, read & write Bourne, Korn & Bash Shell scripts &
automate critical server functions. The course includes extensive lab
exercises, including hands-on development & debugging of shell
scripts, which will give students the ability to be more efficient and
productive in less time.

Duration: 5 Days
What You Will Learn

Shell Review
Shell Interpretation of Quotes & Backslash
The Korn Shell
sed & awk
Programming Basics
Data Constructs
Programming Looping
Your Environment
More on Parameters
Loose Ends

So, if you take this course, this might satisfy what the OP wants.