CGIHTTPServer, popen3, and windoze

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fuzzyman, Sep 11, 2005.

  1. Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman Guest

    Hello all,

    I may well post this a a bug on Monday (after testing with Python 2.3)
    - but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any ideas.

    The basic problem is that under Python 2.4 (and windoze XP SP2)
    CGIHTTPServer isn't passing the CGI environment variables to scripts it
    runs.

    I've checked that the environment variables all exist in os.environ
    before the subprocess is launched using popen3.

    I've *also* checked that when I launch a test subprocess using popen3
    myself, environment variables *are* passed on - so I'm a bit
    confused...

    I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this behavior ?

    All the best,

    Fuzzyman
    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python

    P.S. I've also patched CGIHTTPServer so that it can handle paths wih
    spaces and CGIs in subdirectories of the 'cgi-bin' folder. I'll
    *suggest* these changes to the maintainers - but my tests were on the
    original version.

    Fuzzyman, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman Guest

    Fuzzyman wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I may well post this a a bug on Monday (after testing with Python 2.3)
    > - but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any ideas.

    Hmm... testing on Python 2.3 I *don't* have the same problem - but it's
    very frustrating under Python 2.4 (different machine). I wonder what
    else is different ?

    Fuzzyman, Sep 14, 2005