change to bin directory without timeout?

foldface

Hi
Assuming your developing asp.net applications using visual
studio, normal procedure:
- code
- run
- find bug in .cs file
- stop, change, compile
- run again

Is there anyway you could compile your file when not in debug
mode, copy it manuualy to the bin directory and have asp.net ignore
the fact that its changed and use the new dll?

Ta

Marina

Isn't that a contradiction? "Ignore the fact that its changed" and "use the
new dll". If it ignore the fact that the DLL changed, then it can't use it,
since it's ignoring the fact that it is there.

In any case, there is no way to stop asp.net from detecting the new file and
restarting the asp.net application.

foldface

ignore the fact that its a new dll only from the point of view of
restarting the asp.net
application, but then I think you guessed that :)