.ChangePassword method using WinNT provider and error 424

Blake

Windows 2000 Active Directory, IIS 5

ASP code looks like this:

Set oUser = GetObject("WinNT://DOMAIN/" & strNTName)
oUser.ChangePassword strPassword, strNewPassword

If (err.number <> 0) Then
response.write(err.number)
End If

This code works on our test system, but gives an error on our production
system. err.number is 424.

I see nothing in my logs...

Any ideas?

Blake

Actually, I think the problem is related tot he 'GetObject' line, and not
the password change line. I get the following error:

-2147024843

from the Set oUser line.

Ideas??

Blake

Michael Harris \(MVP\)

Blake said:
Actually, I think the problem is related tot he 'GetObject' line, and
not the password change line. I get the following error:

-2147024843

from the Set oUser line.

-2147024843 = 0x80070035

The 8007 indicates a Win32 error, but this one is *not* listed at:

Win32 Error Codes for ADSI
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/adsi/adsi/win32_error_codes_for_adsi.asp

which instructs you to convert the last 4 hex digits to decimal

x0035 = 53 decimal

and look it up as a native Win32 error...

System Error Codes (0-499)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/debug/base/system_error_codes__0-499_.asp

53 The network path was not found. ERROR_BAD_NETPATH