Changing a makefile from CC to gcc

Fernando Silva

Hello!

Because I don't have access to CC compiler I need to change a example
Makefile to
use gcc (version 2.95.2) in order to compile some code.
But until now I didn't had any success in being able to compile it
using gcc.

The original Makefile contains the following flags:
-Dbool=int -Dtrue=1 -Dfalse=0 -DSUN_SOLARIS -DORACLE -L/x/lib
-compat=4 -mt -g

The gcc Makefile that I'm trying create is using the following flags:
-Dbool=int -Dtrue=1 -Dfalse=0 -DSUN_SOLARIS -DORACLE -L/x/lib -g

I couldn't find the flags compat (compatibility) and mt (multithreads)
for gcc.

When I try to compile the code using my Makefile the following errors
are thrown:
../../include/xx_cli/XXObject.h:81: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`checkPermissions' with no type

../../include/xx_cli/XXObject.h:86: member
`Attribute::invalidateDynamicData(int)' declared as friend before type
`Attribute' defined

Solaris version: 5.8

Can someone help me out with this.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Fernando

Martijn Lievaart

Hello!

Because I don't have access to CC compiler I need to change a example
Makefile to
use gcc (version 2.95.2) in order to compile some code.
But until now I didn't had any success in being able to compile it
using gcc.

You'll probably get better answers in a gcc oriented group.

HTH,
M4