Changing .asp extension

P Jones

Hi there,

Can someone remind me how to make files with extensions other than .asp
execute as .asp files do? I remember doing this by adding an entry to the
registry years back, but I can't find the place to do this. Years back, by
adding the extension to the registry I was able to make IIS's asp engine
process the VBScript code in a file with, for example, an extension of .abc,
just as it would for .asp files. I need to do this again.

Thank you for any insights.

PJ

dlbjr

Under IIS manager:

Right click on Default Web Site and select properties.
Select the tab "Home Directory" on the top of the window.
Click the Configuration button on bottom right.
Add new extension under "App Mappings" with the same settings as the asp mapping.

HTH

'dlbjr
'Pleading sagacious indoctrination!