    html or cgi programming.

    Thank you in advance,

    Greg

    sysadm, May 16, 2006

  2. sysadm wrote:

    > my Internet Explorer doesn't display the hourglass mouse pointer while
    > I wait for a cgi-page to finish loading. I'm using IE V6 SP2. Mozilla
    > works properly and shows that the appropriate mouse pointer.
    >
    > Any ideas whether I could influence the displayed mouse pointer through
    > html or cgi programming.

    Please note that this has nothing to do with Perl or CGI - it's just a
    display method of the browser. The following computer code demonstrates
    the prinicple in Microsoft Internet Explorer:

    ch_cursor('wait');
    setTimeout("ch_cursor('auto');", 2000);
    function ch_cursor(cur) {
    alert('Cursor is now: ' + cur);
    mybody.style.cursor = cur;
    }
    </script>

    You could invoke ch_cursor('wait') at the beginning of the loading and
    ch_cursor('auto') when the loading is done.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Bart

    Bart Van der Donck, May 16, 2006