Changing the process locale

kiran.dpatil

Hi,

I ran into issues while dealing with locale sepcific strings in C
application and solution was to call setLocale(LC_ALL,"") at the start
of the application before performing any locale related operations.

I'm facing same issue with JVM, where we load C libraries though JNI
and C code fails to function proeprly if we do not call
setLocale(LC_ALL, "") when we load the library. I tried calling
Locale.setDefault() in Java main, but that didn't help, is there any
way to set the locale in Java which will make sure native JVM's locale
is set properly too?

Thanks,
-Kiran