Changing the title bar content of window.open

Jonathan

Hi everyone,

I've got a link that launches a little AJAX application in a window.
Like this:

function launchListener()
{
var newWindow = window.open("listener.php", "newWindow",
"width=300,height=150");
}

Ideally, once this window is loaded, it will sit in the background and
wait for stuff to happen. I would like to then change the title bar to
denote changes. Simple enough, right?

Anyway, problem is: When the new window launches, its title is not
exactly what I assign it in "listener.php" (for instance, "Listener"),
but rather "http://155.55.55.55 - Listener" (or whatever). This means
that while sitting the taskbar, generally all the user is going to see
is a domain name and some dots, rather than what I want them to see.

So! I would like to know if there is anyway to NOT show the
"http://etc" part of the title in an opened window.

Thanks a lot, hope that makes sense.

- Jonathan

(PS. It would be even better if I could just make the button flash in
the taskbar, but from what I read, that is both nigh-impossible and
sketchy)

Jonathan

David said:
Open it with a location bar.

.... Ahh yes, I see. Little ugly but it does the trick. And so it will
have to do.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Randy Webb

Jonathan said the following on 8/8/2006 2:21 PM:
.... Ahh yes, I see. Little ugly but it does the trick. And so it will
have to do.

Thanks for the quick reply!

A little ugly maybe (I don't think it is) but try opening a new window
in IE7 without the location bar and you may be in for a surprise..