chaning URL / saving passw w form

jodleren

Hi!

I need solution to change the url but not the page.

I need something like whan going to a site, the url changes to
whatever, but there is no page count, so I just get the new (right)
address, but when going back I go back to the page I came from.
Secondly I dont want a back-trap.

Why?

Say someone opens www.mysite.com, end is gives index.php to the clinet
- which enters a password and the browser offers to save that -
later, when logged out, the client is sent to www.mysite.com/index.php,
and the browser offers to save that password too... for another url,
but still the same page...

any ideas?
this is in use quite many places, but I just cannot figure how it
works...

WBR
Sonnich

jodleren

jodleren said the following on 11/13/2007 6:45 AM:

Use a server Location header.

Thanks. That was what I was looking for!

Searched for it here and found out. Thanks again

WBR
Sonnich

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Ian said:
If your server is Apache....

a) The above is more usually done with DirectoryIndex command.
ACK

b) If you want your server to respond to mysite.com as www.mysite.com,
or the other way about, check out the ServerAlias command.

It is better also to define server-side redirection from one domain to the
other to provide for a canonical URL (used e.g. by Google). As
www.example.com merely is a convenience URL (e.g. for IE users), we
redirect everything to example.com. That also prevents users from having
several cookies for the same site set in case they "accidentally" omit or
mistype the subdomain part.

PointedEars